Thursday 14 August 2014

End of hiatus...

Wow. I really haven't updated this in a long while. I've been listening to quite a bit of stuff this year, but I've been quite busy with other things unfortunately.

Fear not! I will be posting some quick fire updates over the next couple of weeks (minus the time I'm at Mysteryland and ArcTanGent).

So, what have I been up to? Well, I finished my 3rd year final exams at the end of May, and then did 3 weeks of project work for my Masters. Followed by 8 weeks of a summer placement. Yowzer.

Sandwiched in between the chaos was a beautiful little venture to 2000trees Festival (Upcote Farm, UK), which was simply fantastic.

I'll update this with a picture later, if I find any. Without nipples.

Anyways, here's some of the cool tracks I've stumbled across in the last 15 minutes or so.

---

Lindsay Lowend's latest track on Soundcloud has a lovely, pure and dark feel to it. Fantastic beats, nothing more to say. Chiptune meets dub.

TEED's started producing some new stuff, and has launched his new record label, Nice Age. To commemorate the occasion, he's put out a new track with Anna Lunoe. The Orlando Dub mix offers something a little bit different, which I like.

BILLON's track Special is just plain fun. Standard deep house vibes.

And I felt like I couldn't go without including some of alt-J's new stuff. Very excited for their new album, and 'Every Other Freckle' is a great taster.





I'm going to be uploading some reviews of some albums I've been listening to over the next few days, probably two a day. Some are relatively old now (perhaps March/April), however some are perhaps more recent (last month). Keep your eyes peeled!

No comments:

Post a Comment